Public Limited Company
Public limited Company has limited liability and offers shares to the common public under Company Act 2013. Any person can acquire it’s stock, either privately through Initial Public Offering (IPO) or via trades on the stock market. This company is strictly regulated, it is necessary to publish authentic financial health to its shareholders.
How To Register A Public Limited Company?
Registering a Company is quick, easy, and can be done online with Lawwale in 3 simple steps:
Benefits of Public Limited Company
Procedure for Public Limited company
Requirements/Process for registration of Public Limited Companies
There are so many rules and regulations mentioned under the companies act, 2013 for the formation of a public limited company. The things you need to remember while registering any Public Limited Company are-:
- To form a public limited company Minimum 7 shareholders are necessary
- To form a public limited company you need Minimum of 3 directors
- The minimum share capital of Rs. 5 lakhs is mandatory
- Digital signature certificate (DSC) of one of the directors is mandatory while you are submitting self-attested copies of identity and address proof
- Directors of the proposed company will need a DIN
- It is compulsory to file an application for company name selection
- An application is created with the main objective clause of the company. This object clause defines what a company will do after its incorporation
- Application required to be submitted to ROC along with necessary documents like MOA, AOA filled in Form DIR-12, Form INC-7 and Form INC-22
- It is compulsory to pay the prescribed registration fee to the ROC
- After approval from the ROC, the company needs to apply for a certification of business commencement.
Services for Public Limited Company
The law has provided certain rules for naming a company. Names that do not comply with the regulations will not be accepted by the MCA. The company name should have 3 parts. The first is a special or quality word, the second is any suffix and the third is a private limited or public limited company (OPC). Private Limited Company name must end with “Private Limited”. Also, the name should not be the same or equivalent to another company or LLP.
Reserve Unique Name (RUN) is a web service used to rename or change the name of a new company. A web service can help you verify that the name you choose for your company is unique.
Names that can be reserved under the RUN(Reserve Unique Name)
The following table gives the details regarding the types of companies names that can be reserved along with their respective suffixes:
|Sr.No.||Company Type||Suffix Required|
|1.||Private Limited Companies||Limited / Company|
|2.||Section 8 companies||Private Limited|
|3.||IFSC Company||IFSC Limited /IFSC Private Limited|
|4.||Unlimited Company||Unlimited Company|
|5.||Nidhi Company||Nidhi Limited|
|6.||Producer Company||Producer Company Limited|
|7.||One Person Company||(OPC) Private Limited|
The validity of the reserved Company names
The Central Registration Centre (CRC) may on the basis of information and documents provided, reserve the name for a period of:
20 days from the date of approval if in case the name is being reserved for a new company.
60 days from the date of approval if it includes a change in the name of an existing company.
Certificate of Incorporation
Certificate of incorporation is a legal document/license for the establishment of a company or corporation. It is a license issued by a non-governmental organization and the state government or in some jurisdiction . Public Limited Company is a form of company which offers its shares to the general public. … There is a defined procedure when it comes to an incorporation of the company, according to the Companies Act.
Certain documents that are required :
Identity Proof of all the directors and shareholders.
Address Proof of all the directors and the shareholders.
PAN Card of all the directors and shareholders.
Utility Bill of the office that you have proposed as your Registered office for your Public Limited Company.
A No-Objection certificate from the landlord of your registered office.
DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) of the directors.
DIN (Director Identification Number) of all the directors.
Memorandum of Association.
The article of association.
Companies (Amendment) Ordinance introduced Form INC-20A, which makes it mandatory for all companies registered in India after the commencement of Companies (Amendment) Ordinance, 2018 to obtain a business commencement certificate before starting any business with share capital or using any borrowing powers. Thus after 02.11.2018, any incorporated company after this date is obliged to obtain a business Commencement certificate.
Directors must file this within 180 days from the date of incorporation. Upon receipt of the certificate of incorporation of the company, the directors will file a declaration certificate to start the business. Our experts will assist you in filing FORM INC-20A.
- Proof of payment of subscribed capital (Bank statement/ NEFT / IMPS receipts)
- Registration Certificate (Certificate of registration by RBI/ other regulators (applicable to NBFC)
Checklist (Documents required)
Documents required for incorporating a Public Limited Company
- Proof of identity of all the shareholders and directors
- Proof of address of all the directors and the shareholders
- PAN number of all the shareholders and directors
- Utility Bill of the proposed office i.e. proposed registered office for the company
- A NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the landlord where the office of the company will be situated
- Director Identification Number (DIN) of all the directors
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of the directors
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of association (AOA)