Provident Fund Registration
PF Registration is applicable for all organizations who have over 20 employees.
Aiding workforce services can be done by Employee Provident Fund or EPF. Under the Employee Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provision Act (1952), the provident fund of employees is managed by the Employee Provident Fund Organization of India. When an organization has 20 or more employees, it has to be registered in the government’s PF registration. It is a mandatory process for every management with a significant number of employees
How Does PF Registration Work For You?
Provident Fund is a great contingency or retirement fund for an employee. Registering for Provident Fund through a simple process, requires an assortment of documents from the business and the employee.
Advantages of PF Registration
Procedure for PF Registration
- First, one needs to get his or her organization registered with the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Register on the organisation called ‘ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION’.
- If the employer is already registered can login through its Universal Account Number (UAN) and password. If the employer is not registered, it will first have to get its DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) registered. DSC is the pre-requisite for submitting a fresh application for PF registration.
- After one logs in the portal details like the name, username, employer PAN have to be filled.
- Once this step is completed, the person will receive a PIN on the registered mobile number and a link will be sent on the registered e-mail id, on which the application of PF registration should be submitted.
Checklist (Documents required) - Documents required for PF Registration
- Copy of PAN/ COI.
- Address Proof of the Premises.
- Identity and address Proof of the Directors/Partners/Proprietor.
- Details of the resident and all members with address and contact details in case of society/Trust.
- Partnership Deed/LLP Agreement/MoA&AoA.
- Details of employees, details of nominees, details of salary.
- Cancelled Bank Account cheque.
- For Individual
1.1 For Individual Identity proof:
- Passport; or
- Aadhar card; or
- Voter ID; or
- Driving license
1.2 For Individual address proof:
- A copy which is self-attested with electricity/telephone bills
- Less than two month- statement of bank account
- For Proprietorship/Partnership/LLP/ Company Address proof:
- Less than two-month-old telephone/electricity/gas bill
- Notarized copy with no objection certificate of rent agreement if there are rented premises
- Title document which is registered in case of the self-owned premise.
No, a member cannot edit his details like father’s name, relationship, date of birth, date of joining and date of joining in the EPFO database.
While filing for a transfer claim, if it is seen that the details of the previous employer is incorrect, one can click on the ‘The following information is incorrect’, the fields will become editable. After this, the person has to take out the print, sign it and submit it to the concerned EPFO office through the previous employer.